Senior Accountant | Full-Time
Canopy 360 Tax & Accounting
Canopy 360 puts pride into the quality of service we deliver. As a Senior Accountant, you will not only be preparing complex tax returns and compilations, you will be engaging, educating, and empowering clients to make smart choices for their businesses. We will count on you and your teammates to build strong relationships and approach your work with integrity and precision.
Prepared to solve problems?
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Prepare corporate, partnership, trust, non-profit, individual and other tax returns
- Prepare tax projections for all monthly and quarterly accounting clients
- Prepare and analyze financial statements
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Prepare payroll, payroll tax deposits & payroll tax returns, as needed
- Reconcile general ledger tax accounts
- Give business clients independent, unbiased advice concerning their finances
- Be familiar with the tax laws concerning clients' professions or businesses
- IRS dealings
- Support clients and accounting departments on various software to ensure proper reporting by clients accounting system
Experience: 5+ years industry experience
- Ability to work independently, under general guidance
- Experience working in a team environment
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Relevant software or application skills to complete job successfully
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience with accounting standards and processes
- Understanding of commitments, obligations, and expenditures in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Strong Corporate and Partnership Tax background
- Experience in the Thompson Suite (UltraTaxCS, PracticeCS, FileCabinetCS, etc.)
- Desire, comfort, and ease in speaking with clients about their business
Your Growth Plan.
Collaborating with you about your future is at the heart of what we do. We believe the onboarding process and constant training are essential parts of your development here. As time moves on, we will transition to prescheduled check-in’s with you to help you obtain the goals you set for yourself.
- Location! We are located in downtown Ocala filled with restaurants, entertainment venues, parks, and we are right next to a splash pad for kids!
- Kids room inside our office
- Performance Bonuses
- Team building and personal growth workshops
- Staff engagement activities and gatherings
- Philanthropy opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Menu of self-selected employee-sponsored insurance (dental, vision, & AFLAC)
The Team Values
Integrity, Connection, Guidance, Growth, Teamwork
If this position is for you, please click the button below to email your resume.